The role of a COVID Safe Officer vitally important to the health and safety of all who attend FGAM. A COVID Safe officer is required to be appointed for every meeting or event held at FGAM. They are responsible for carefully maintaining a safe environment by following guidelines implemented by FGAM. The guidelines are based on Australian Government recommendations for a COVID normal business.
The COVID Safe Officer does not need to be the organiser of the event, but they must have completed the FGAM training requirements before the scheduled event.
The COVID Safe Officer has responsibilities
- Before the event
- During the event
- After the event
Training to be a COVID Safe Officer can be found below.
All people who are COVID Safe Officers for Lexton premises need to complete this online training. There are three steps to the training:
- Undertake the Government online training at covid-19training.gov.au.
- Create an account (use "other" for the Industry type)
- Undertake the training called "Infection Control Training - COVID19"
- Download the certificate and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org or one of our pastoral staff.
- Read the FGAM's COVID Safe Plan. If you have any questions contact Megan Griffith or a Pastoral Staff.
- Download the COVID Safe training document here.
- Watch and listen to the two training videos created by FGAM (below) which explains the roles and responsibilities specific to FGAM events and building use here. Note: room bookings are only available during Stage 2 Restrictions or below.
- Complete the COVID Safe Officer Declaration Form.