At FGA Melbourne we want to continue to provide Christian Education Courses free of charge even during physical lockdown. All classes will be delivered by zoom. You may choose to more than one course. The four courses starting soon are detailed below. For more information contact Ps. YC Goh by emailing email@example.com.
1. Challenging Issues of Our Faith - Peggy Ong
The course will cover the following issues faced by Christians in their faith:
- Understanding the Trinity or Triune God
- Why is there world calamities and suffering despite a God of Love? Why doesn't He prevent or stop these?
- Why do devoted Christians also suffer sicknesses /other trials and are sometimes not healed despite fervent prayer?
- Why does the OT God appear to be full of wrath contrary to His NT portrayal? Why would God command Joshua to kill all including women and kids at the Conquest and punish Moses so harshly for his single act of disobedience? How do we reconcile a holy God of wrath and a God of love?
- What is the Eternal Fate of those who have not heard the Gospel or do not have the mental capacity to accept the Gospel? Will suicide victims be eternally doomed?
- Unconditional Love of God vs. His Conditional Salvation. Why is Jesus the only way to Father God? Does not all ways lead to God?
- What is the Relationship between Science and our Christian Faith, between Faith and Works?
The course will provide a platform for other questions of our Christian faith, wholly and solely based on what is revealed in the Bible
Dates: Mondays, Sep 14th, 21st & 28th; Oct 5th & 12th
Time: 8pm to 9:30pm
2. Practical Applications of the Book of James - Ps. YC Goh
The book of James was originally written to encourage Jewish believers who were scattered and were facing many kinds of trials testing their faith and James wanted them to stay connected to the body of Christ. Besides wisdom and understanding, the book also directs readers to live out their faith and how it affects the real world. To illustrate his point, James provides practical instructions for authentic lifestyle: having faith and patience in the midst of temptations/sufferings, calling on God for wisdom, controlling the tongue, bringing comforts to the poor, results of showing favouritism, being a doer of the word (James 1:22). James contended that faith produces authentic deeds and in this course we will explore some ways on how we can practically live out an authentic Christian life through practical out-workings of our faith. Come and be encouraged how to better apply the bible to your everyday life.
Dates: Tuesdays, Sep 15th, 22nd, 29th; Oct 6th
Time: 2:30pm to 4pm
3. Understanding your Kids & Youth - Ps. Harold Nguyen & Ps. Jordan Lara
Each week our Kids and Youth pastors will address relevant topics to help you understand children who are growing up in a complex and challenging environment.
Emotional Health (Sep 15)
Learn to understand the emotional needs of your kids/youth. How can we lead and nurture emotionally/mentally healthy kids?
Digital Communities (Sep 22)
What is a DM? What does it look like to be part of the online platform of social media? How are communities shaped and changed by the introduction of social media for the next generation?
Digital Consumption (Sep 29)
Everything from YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Porn and Gaming. How do we navigate digital consumption and open up conversations with out kids around these topics?
Faith (Oct 6)
What are the key faith questions for Kids/Youth? How can we empower and encourage kids/youth in their faith journey? How can I facilitate faith conversations with my kids/teens?
Time: 7:30pm to 9pm
COURSE 4: Church History Part II - Ps. Roland Seow
This is the second part of the Church History Course which takes the students from the period of the Reformation and Renaissance through the various historic revival and restoration movements to our present era. As in the first part, we will only be able to cover key interesting events and personalities who have played a significant role in shaping God’s multi-faceted church to what it is today. We will also see how God uses imperfect men and women to change the world.
Dates: Thursdays, Sep 17th, 24th; Oct 1st, 8th
Time: 7:30pm to 9pm.