Our theme for our Missions Month for 2020 is Missions Now! Over the past 2,000 years the gospel has spread around the globe and we have seen God use different methods in different times. For three Sundays in May we take a look at what Missions looks like Now, following of one of the greatest upheavals of life on earth since the second world war. The coronavirus pandemic may have dramatically changed the way we live but this has not changed the reprobate nature of mankind nor the Great Commission given by Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20. In fact, there are current reports of greater receptivity to the gospel in a number of post-Christian countries like Britain and the US due to the pandemic that has caused people to take a deeper look at life and death. However, there is still so much to be done with people who have never heard the gospel of Jesus Christ, over 3 billion people from ~7400 unreached people groups. Join us to find out how you can play your part in God's mission.
We hope you can join us for a great line up of Sunday Service speakers and events including:
- Sunday 17 May Dr. Howard Foltz, Founder of AIMS and former Missions professor at Regent University, USA).
- Sunday 22 May Ps. Steve Chong, head of the Asian youth RICE movement that is going global.
- Sunday 31 May Ps. Roland Seow who will highlight our own missions work throughout the world.
- Pray: Follow the 40-day prayer guide. Join us for prayer 7.30pm Wed 13, 20 & 27 May (fgam.org.au/prayeronline).
- Give: Give HERE to advance the gospel in missions.
- Learn: Enrol in the 4-week missions course - "The Unfinished Story". Starts 7.30pm 1 June (fgam.org.au/TUS).
- Win: Join our ethnic dress competition on Sunday 31 May. Post on social media with #missionsnow and tag @fgamelbourne or email your photo to email@example.com.